Drug & Alcohol Awareness (Including Legal Highs)
The misuse of alcohol and drugs is a significant problem that affects not only individuals and families, but also the workplace. This course will help employers and organizations across different sectors to develop good practice in all aspects of alcohol and drug related issues.
Who is the course aimed at?
This is an introductory level course.
It is suitable for new staff or experienced professionals who want to update their skills.
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Recognise the signs of drug and alcohol use
– Know how to reduce a client’s distress after they have used drugs or alcohol
– Know how to refer a client to relevant support services
– Understand the wider problems faced by clients as a result of drug and alcohol use
– Be able to help their colleagues reflect on their own values, priorities, interests and effectiveness in dealing with drug and alcohol use among clients
The course was well presented in a relaxed, well informed manner. I enjoyed it! You learn that way! (Warden, Charnwood)