Direct Work with Children (Virtual Classroom)
A Research and Evidence Based approach to look at what good looks like in working directly with children and young people.
This course has been adapted to show how direct work can be conducted remotely due to Covid-19
How Long is the Course?
1 Day (can be split over 2 x half day sessions) via MS Teams, Zoom, Skype or Webex
Who is the Course Aimed At?
- Understand how we engage with children at the 5 different levels and how to achieve the most effective outcomes in our direct work with the children and young people, and consider how we can achieve these virtually
- Have an understanding of why direct work with children and young people is important to our roles as social workers and how this influences the interventions that we undertake
- Know what a “good” looks like in terms of engagement with a child and how to engage them in our work whether face to face or virtually
- Build ideas of how to approach contact virtually to ensure we get the best out of our interventions using different tools and resources
- Have better understanding of how the needs of the child will affect the work that you will be undertaking and what tools you may use
- Making sure that we safeguard and promote the wellbeing of children and young people in the direct work we undertake with them
- Be confident in how to deal with a disclosure effectively; while taking into account the child’s needs and safeguarding issues