Direct Work with Children (and Voice of a Child)
A Research and Evidence Based approach to look at what good looks like in working directly with children and young people
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed At?
- Understand how we engage with children at the 5 different levels and how to achieve the most effective outcomes in our direct work with the children and young people
- Have an understanding of why direct work with children and young people is important to our roles as social workers and how this influences the interventions that we undertake
- Know what a “good” looks like in terms of engagement with a child and how to engage them in our work
- Have better understanding of how the needs of the child will affect the work that you will be undertaking and what tools you may use
- Making sure that we safeguard and promote the wellbeing of children and young people in the direct work we undertake with them
- Be aware of tools, resources and exercises that you can undertake with a child/young person to encourage engagement
- Be confident in how to deal with a disclosure effectively; while taking into account the child’s needs and safeguarding issues