Developing SMART Action Plans for Children and Young People
Plans for children & young people at all levels of the Continuum of Need should be centred on the child’s needs to be safe and to promote their welfare. Writing ‘good’ multi-agency SMART plans requires skills and an understanding of the links between assessment and desired outcomes. This course offers practical advice on how to construct a consistent and robust action SMART plan and how to use tools to assist and improve assessment and measure change as a member of a multi-agency group.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
A range of workers who support families and YP
How Long is the Course?
On conclusion of the course, participants will
- be able to formulate SMART action plans & understand what to consider and how to ensure that plans are achievable
- have practised developing action plans – Using case studies as live examples
- know how to ensure service users, including the child have a say in the actions and outcomes
- increase your own awareness of your role and responsibilities and of the benefits of working together as a member of a multi-agency team
- be able to analyse assessment information in relation to impact on the child’s developmental needs
- be able to write a SMART plan based on analysis of assessment information which includes using appropriate tools to measure outcomes for children and young people.