Developing Business Planning
This course is designed for anyone who is setting up or a small business or who need to write a business plan for their business. There are many things to consider when setting up a new business and it is important that you do things in the right order and write a clear plan. In this course we will examine these areas and look at how to write a successful business plan.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is ideal for people who are responsible for developing business plans. This could be managers, heads of departments, people in human resources, business development managers or anyone who needs to develop a business plan.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Identify what a business plan is and what should be included and the different formats and their purpose.
- Examine different types of business structures and identify your own structure.
- Identify the roles of people in the BP and Identify the governance and compliance requirements.
- Examine the purpose of strategic and operation goals and develop short, medium- and long-term goals for your plan.
- Carry out market research using the recognised format of the 7 Ps .
- Identify your customer segments and how you can reach them.
- Identify your competitors and develop your Unique Selling Point.
- Complete a financial plan including forecasts for the length of the plan and contingencies for unexpected risks.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation cycle of the plan.
This is an interactive course during which we will be using examples. Please feel free to bring in examples so that we can build on your knowledge.