Decency & Dignity
This workshop sets out to explore how decency and dignity can be maintained for patients and clients in the healthcare workplace.
Who is the course aimed at?
The workshop is aimed at Health Care Assistants/Healthcare Support Workers.
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Describe your client – who is your client and what is the purpose of your role?
– Consider the need of your client in an holistic way – physical, emotional, social and spiritual. What does the client do independently and what does the client need support with?
– The journey of independence to dependence – how might the client feel? How would you feel? – Meeting needs in a professional way? Dignity – what do we mean? Empathy – what do we mean?
– Assessing need – professional and courteous means of communicating effectively. Did I say what I thought I said in the way I thought I said it and did I do what I thought I did in the way I thought I did it?
– Meeting care needs in a professional manner – kindness with competence
– Skills – a question here – are there any that need to be met if so what
“Great course, it was presented clearly and concisely”