Data Analysis and Problem Solving
The purpose of this course is use data analysis to help solve problems such as estimating how much money we are going to need to complete a project or how much time we are going to need. We might also use it to analyse responses for marketing research or to examine to identify areas that need addressing for performance. Before we can do that, we need to understand what data analysis is and how it can help us.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Anyone who needs to produce reports back up by statistics and figures
By the end of the course the learners will be able to:
- Identify what is meant by Data Analysis.
- Identify the difference between quantitative and qualitative data.
- Justify decision making using supporting evidence to demonstrate the advantages and disadvantages of actions.
- Use a range of methods to gather data and analyse it including the use of estimating methods.
- Use a range of problem-solving techniques depending on the data to be analysed.
- Use a recognised problem-solving process.
This course is based on examining the theory and working with examples. It does not use software in the session as there are several programmes that are available, and you would need a separate session for this.
This course will take you through the process and provide you with examples to try out your skills.