Court Skills for Health Professionals
Delegates attending this course are called upon to prepare statements and reports for use in court proceedings involving health & medical related issues and to, potentially, attend court to give oral evidence based upon those reports. The course will provide the necessary skills to enable delegates to produce concise, accurate and compelling written evidence and give guidance as to how to present that evidence to best effect in the courtroom.
Who is the Course aimed at?
Any Health Professional required to produce statements or reports for Court proceedings or to appear in the courtroom to give evidence
How long is the Course?
2 days (can be run as 1 day without practical elements)
Attendees, by the end of the course will:
• Have an understanding of the legal system, the legal process, what is good practice, new legislation an the Public Law Outline 2014
• Know how to construct a witness statement/report
• Know what is expected of the witness at Court
• Know what happens at Court
• Know how to prepare for and give oral evidence
• Know what to expect in cross examination
“Great Workshop”, thanks – Child Psychiatrist, Oxford
To view or download a printable leaflet click here