Commission Planning and Writing
The purpose of this workshop is to examine what is involved in the commissioning process and identify the different components of the process and what needs to be addressed
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Adult Commissioning Service
By the end of the session, we will be able to:
- Discuss the different stages of the Commissioning Cycle including Analyse, Development, Procurement, Delivery and Review.
- Examine what each stage should contain and what should be included in the process.
- Examine the procurement process from identifying the need to Pre-Qualification and Invitation to Tender and Award of Contract.
- Identify what information should be supplied in each section.
- Explore key overarching themes that run through a tender and how it is evaluated and awarded.
During this session we will examine what is required in the commissioning process and examine case studies taken from previously awarded contracts.
We will use examples of what should be included and the common pitfalls and traps that people writing bids and tenders fall into.
Types of contracts and legal and ethical practices.