Catheter/ Stoma Care
Course will provide delegates with a complete understanding of Catheter/Stoma Care.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is suitable for direct care workers.
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Anatomy and physiology
– Daily care procedures of stomas /catheters
– Different types of catheterisation
– General tips
– Checklist for cleaning the skin
– Emptying and measuring the catheter/Stoma bag
– Changing a catheter/Stoma bag
– Reasons for and methods of Stoma formation.
– Infection Control methods
– Outline of complications
– Test paper
“Great trainer. Very approachable and presented well.” (Support Worker, Hull)
“Great training course to attend. Tutor kept me interested with her effective training method.” (Personal Carer, Hull)
“Very good session pitched at the right level.” (Registered Manager, Hull)