Business Development Planning
This course is designed for anyone in the organisation who needs to write a business plan for their project, department or team. There are many things to consider when planning and it is important to do things in the right order and to write a clear plan in order to achieve the right objectives. This course guides the participant in how to do this.
Suitable for those in the organisation responsible for developing business plans including Managers, Heads of Departments, HR staff, Business Development Managers or anyone who needs to develop such a plan.
How long is the Course?
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Identify what a business plan is and what should be included and the different formats and their purpose.
• Examine different types of business structures and identify your own structure.
• Identify the roles of people in the BP and Identify the governance and compliance requirements.
• Examine the purpose of strategic and operation goals and develop short, medium- and long-term goals for your plan.
• Carry out market research using the recognised format of the 7 Ps .
• Identify your customer segments and how you can reach them.
• Identify your competitors and develop your Unique Selling Point.
• Complete a financial plan including forecasts for the length of the plan and contingencies for unexpected risks.
• Develop a monitoring and evaluation cycle of the plan.