Assessment and Analysis
This course aims to develop practitioner’s knowledge and understanding of assessment and analysis and the importance of multi-agency working.
This course uses Morrison’s reflective model of experiential supervision to develop practitioner skills in undertaking assessments in a variety of settings. This model is currently used across adult and childcare services, health provision, and education.
The course considers the need for assessment including relevant underpinning legislation, theories, models and methods of assessment for multi-agency settings. It will include areas such as who is being assessed, what is the purpose and how will the assessment be used in planning around children’s needs.
Safeguarding and equality and diversity are key themes that exist throughout course and any issues in relation to safe practice will be addressed during the course and by post course consultation if required
This course content may change dependent on the knowledge, skills and requirements of the group. All areas will be addressed but additional information may be included if necessary. This will be negotiated with the group.
This course is designed to enhance learning on a number of levels including cognitive processing and connecting with emotions, emotional intelligence and critical thinking
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Experienced Social Workers
How Long is the Course?
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Evaluated a range of professional skills necessary for undertaking assessments with the context of current legislation sing critical reflection
- Reviewed what constitutes good practice in assessments and how to ensure the child remains at the heart of the process including capturing the child’s voice
- Identified a range of evidence-based theories, models and techniques and how to apply these in assessments.
- Applied understanding of A.C.E.S. and trauma informed practice on ability of parents to engage in assessments including fear and anxiety and attachment behaviours, impact of ACES in adults
- Identified how to apply theoretical knowledge to analysis in assessments