Alcohol & Young People
This course will increase awareness of legal and illegal drug use for staff working with children and young people including teachers & support staff, youth workers, social workers, family workers and similar.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to;
– identify different categories of drugs and the potential physical, psychological and social consequences
– identify the legal classifications of drugs
– understand attitudes around drug use and drug users and the impact that these can have on young people and their families
– encourage confidence in working with young problematic drug and alcohol users and support referrals into treatment
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at all Health and Social Care professionals
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Increased knowledge and understanding of the Drugs & Alcohol in today?s society
– Confidence in addressing Drugs & Alcohol issues with young people
Very good seminar; made a very dry subject understandable and interesting. Related it well to real situations