Active Signposting 2020
This half day session, Active Signposting, has been created specifically to help delegates build their awareness of the skills and practices in having conversations to actively signpost patients. It will enable delegates to understand how and why we think, feel and react to enable us to practice mindful responses gaining the benefits for patient and practice.
The course will enable candidates to mindfully use emotional intelligence techniques to understand others better and communicate to change patterns of behaviour and overcome self-limitations.
It is also designed to help increase confidence and personal resilience and leave with new techniques to enable delegates to know what to say and what not to and to know who to appropriately patients to. The session is designed to be interactive and as such a safe environment to share advice and best practice.
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
GP staff or all staff that need to signpost customers
- The results of active signposting pre C19 Putting into action in the workplace, controlling the work life balance, developing own and team’s mental wellbeing and influencing others mental wellbeing in the workplace.
- Reframing experiences (to move through experiences and not let them own you).
- Differentiating Active Signposting, Social Prescribing and Care Navigation Understanding where SP AS and CN fit in to the process and how they can work seamlessly together.
- How C19 has changed everything Experiential sharing and understanding of how practices and communication has changed during C19, recognising the potential benefits to help transform current and past practices and habits to effect transformational change for post C19 benefits. Exercise to help delegates build confidence and control.
- Mindfulness of Emotion Dealing with difficult emotions and thoughts, developing emotional ‘immunity’, affect and nurture deep states of relaxation and stress reduction, controlling emotional state and building ability to manage stress, increasing work/life balance
- Case Studies and Exercises To use real life scenarios in group situations to understand options and communication methods.