Achieving Best Evidence (ABE) Introductory course for Managers
This 1 day course will introduce participants to interviewing techniques and the national framework.
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is designed for qualified social work Managers who are unlikely to undertake ABE interviews as part of their everyday role but need to have an understanding of the processes and principles involved in this area of work.
How long is the course?
On completion of this course, participants will be able to
– Demonstrate their understanding of recognising and promoting the welfare needs in criminal proceedings
– Demonstrate their knowledge of child protection process to protect the child when no criminal investigation is being pursued
– Demonstrate understanding of the context in which ABE interviews take place
– Demonstrate awareness of the national guidance framework and relevant legislation
– Recognise different questioning techniques and the importance of adhering to the national guidance
“Great course, great trainer. Passionate and Enthusiastic. Very Knowledgeable”
(Social Worker, Durham)