Achieving Best Evidence in Criminal Proceedings (ABE)
Our acclaimed Achieving Best Evidence Training (ABE) has differing options tailored exactly to meet a customer’s requirements. This is a highly specialised, intensive course that complies with current ABE legal requirements. It can be adapted for both Adult and Children’s Social Workers.
Options available include:
- A 4 or 5 day intensive course for Social Workers with limited exposure to ABE. Both courses consist of 2 days theory, 2 days practice and on a 5 day model a visit and practice session at a local interview suite
- A 3 day course, consisting of 2 days theory and one day practice, which can be run for Social Workers with some prior understanding of ABE
- A 2 day refresher course, consisting of 1 day theory and one day practice, which can be run for Social Workers who have undertaken previous ABE training
- A 2 day theory only course
This is a course that has a major impact on our delegates and the importance of selecting the right course is paramount. For all training that includes practice, we utilize highly skilled Adult Actors who play the parts of both vulnerable Adults and Children in differing scenarios. The importance of equipping Social Workers with all the correct tools and skills cannot be stressed enough and their potential victims deserve the best level of ABE interviewing possible!
Not sure what ABE course you might need?
Don’t worry. We are able to set up a direct phone call or Skype with our lead ABE trainer to discuss your requirements and the development of your bespoke ABE course. This service is provided free of charge. Please contact us here to arrange your free call.
Who is the course aimed at?
-Experienced Social Workers who have undertaken training in child (or Adult) protection, including sexual abuse and who wish to undertake video interviews with children and young people (or vulnerable adults) for court
-Social Workers and Police Officers who need to interview vulnerable child witnesses
-Social Workers who wish to refresh their knowledge and skills using ABE
-Social Workers and other professionals who may need to undertake assessment interviews
How long is the course?
4-5 days, 3 days or 2 days
On completion of this course, participants will:
– Develop skills in working with other agencies to investigate allegations of abuse and to explore issues which impact on this process
– Develop skills in information gathering for ABE interviews and investigations
– Develop skills in conducting interviews of vulnerable people in accordance with Achieving Best Evidence (*Not the theory only course)
For a detailed copy of the full 4/5 day course outline for Children’s Social Workers, including session plan, please click here.
Open Access 2020
We have limited spaces available on 2, 5 day ABE courses this year. These will be held on w/c 1st June 2020 and w/c 7th September 2020. The cost is £850 plus VAT per delegate (payable in advance). Please contact us here to book your place.
“This course was brilliant! I learnt so much which I feel will make me more confident in my practice doing general visits, S47 visits and ABEs. Tim was flexible, knowledgeable and brilliant! Thank you” – Social Worker, Dudley
“This course should be available to ALL social workers” – Social Worker, Northamptonshire
You may also like…
Court Skills for Children’s Social Workers (Including Statement & Report Writing)
Court Skills for Adult Social Workers (Including Statement & Report Writing)
PACE – (Appropriate Adult)
Achieving Best Evidence (ABE) Introductory course for Managers